Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Critter Challenge Design Team Call

So.. first of all.. Blogger must hate me.. I tried to do this earlier today and it just would not post! I didn't stress too much as I know blogger has been doing some updates.. but uggghhh why when I NEED to use it. Then while trying to do it again this afternoon, my poor puppy got stung by a bee and her little face just swelled up we had to rush her to the vet. She had to have a shot and now we are having to give her Bendryl and have to keep an eye on her to make sure the swelling doesn't spread. It is hard to feel helpless when you can't make them better.. just like when your kid is hurt. So.. here goes.. I'm trying to post this yet again.

So.. when Melanie (and later April joined as co-owner) first started her Critter Challenge Blog, I was so fortunate to be one of the first Design Team Members. I managed to make the cut each time she looked for a new design team... until she started with a fresh group. I totally understood, but I was sad. I have so missed being part of the team. It was always a great group to work with. I watched carefully for a new DT call. I was excited to see it and created a card right away... mostly because I needed a card! (I know Melanie and April... me.. a card? Who would have thunk it?! lol)

So.. my oldest niece is moving away to university this weekend, can you guess what she's going to study? Yep.. Dental Hygiene. So this Bella stamp worked perfectly!



The paper is all Close to My Heart. I cut the teeth from the Cricut - A Child's Year Cartridge. The 'bling' is actually I-Rocks covered in Stickles.

So... fast forward a week and I just can't leave this sketch alone. I know I need to do a scrapbook page as that what I always did when I was on the DT before. So I came up with this... I had to add a little to the sketch to really make it work for a layout, but I didn't stray too far.


The paper is all Bella Blvd. The stars in the corner were done with a Jolee punch.

And.. just a plug for my puppy... here is Molly with her swollen eye... she does normally have a pink eye.. but this is red and swollen.. (picture taken about an hour after her shot at the vet).


Thanks again for the opportunity.

1 comment:

life documented said...

Poor puppy! I have two litle yorkies, so I know what you mean about your little baby!